Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Raymond Davis

  1. #1
    Inactive Member valour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2009
    Posts
    253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Raymond Davis

    Did anyone read this about Raymond Davis? Isnt he from this area?


    BBC News - US official Raymond Davis on Lahore murder charges
    [img]http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/7057/willferralcowbell2tn.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raymond Davis

    I doubt someone who moved here recently from Ohio would know that, but yes he grew up in Big Stone. Probably pretty close to your age.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member valour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2009
    Posts
    253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raymond Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    I doubt someone who moved here recently from Ohio would know that, but yes he grew up in Big Stone. Probably pretty close to your age.

    The headlines on the news was "A Big Stone Gap man" We live in Big Stone right?

    I have been watching a few vids on youtube about it as well.
    [img]http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/7057/willferralcowbell2tn.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raymond Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by valour View Post
    The headlines on the news was "A Big Stone Gap man" We live in Big Stone right?

    I have been watching a few vids on youtube about it as well.
    Why would you say, Isnt he from around here, if the news said so.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #5
    Inactive Member DieHardSportsGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2007
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raymond Davis

    Yes, he's from here. He's a 93 grad of PVHS.
    Progress always involves risk. You can't steal second base with your foot on first.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raymond Davis

    Don't remember him, but then again, I don't remember much past yesterday. LOL

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raymond Davis

    He was a very good DT in football and it seems like he was a good wrestler too. We had a mutual friend. Had a brother named George? I think. He was P4P one of the strongest players ever at PV I believe.

    He did some work in Iraq too and I believe before going to work for the government that he may have worked for Blackwater. It's now being reported that these two guys he shot had just robbed someone else at gunpoint. The US is maintaining that it was self-defense and that he does has diplomatic immunity as well. Hillary Clinton is now involved and is holding very firm that he has diplomatic immunity.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raymond Davis

    If he had worked for blackwater, it's not going to look good on him, they've been accused of incidents just like this abusing, killing or just overreaching their boundaries weapons/security wise.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raymond Davis

    The history of Blackwater employees should not matter per this situation.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Raymond Davis

    It looks to be pretty clear-cut right now that these guys were robbing people at gunpoint. It's absurd that he has even been detained, much less arrested.

    I remember an incident about 20 years ago in Washington D.C. almost identical to this. A member of the security detail from a middle-eastern nation encountered an american car-jacker who ordered him out of the vehicle. When the car-jacker got behind the wheel the security guy drew his weapon and shot him point blank in the side of the head.

    Not only was he not arrested he basically got a attaboy form the US media and a wink and a nod from the officials. I remember the news story saying that even if the local prosecutor should want to bring charges that he couldn't due to the shooter enjoying diplomatic immunity.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •